Thursday, July 19, 2007

Birthday Suit

Funny how it happens that we follow in the steps of our parents without even realizing it. Well actually this time I knew what I was doing and did it anyway. As a I remember past birthdays of mine I have a vivid memory of my Grade Two party. For some reason all the kids were looking at photo albums of mine and too my HORROR Josh Shaw, the cutest boy in grade 2 at the time, saw a picture of me as a 1 year old NAKED. My mom had labelled the picture " Birthday Suit". I couldn't believe he saw this and ran to my room crying, forever mad at my mom for taking such a picture. I thought I might have to cancel the rest of the party, switch schools and change my name.

Hmmmm. Apparently the trauma didn't scar me for life as today as Megan was running around before her party naked I felt a strong impulse to take the same picture. She was too cute and what can one little picture hurt right?

In all fairness to Megan I decided to post both of them so that hopefully she doesn't suffer the same emotional trauma that I did when she is finally old enough to read this and realize that I didn't just stick this pic in an album but actually posted it on the blog!



1 comment:

K :) said...

OMG that is soo! funny!!!