Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ethan's favorite time of year

This spring when we first arrived at the cabin Ethan ran around to the front with a look of great anticipation. When Gramps asked what he was going to do he excitedly said he wanted to throw the apples from the apple tree into the lake like last year. Much to his disappointment we had to break it to him that the apples wouldn't be ready to throw until the END of summer!

Well that day arrived and Ethan was as excited as ever! After picking up all the semi-rotten ones that had fallen to the ground he stood at the edge and let them fly! At one point I started having serious concerns that he may end up throwing like me. One try landed the apple in my eye and I was directly beside him! Another landed an apple 2 yards behind him! Trevor arrived on the scene however and determined it was all in his release so with a little coaching the apples were (generally) makin' their way forward into the lake.

The highlight of the day came however when Ethan ran out of apples to throw. After some beggin' he got his dad to agree to one more bucketful. Trevor wandered over to the try and jumped up to grab a few from the branch. Unfortunately he grabbed the whole branch and it broke right off. Branch -actually limb better describes it, apples and Trevor landed on the ground in one big thud. While I laughed, Ethan delighted as he now had more apples than any little apple thrower could want.

Ready

Set



Fire

Done

1 comment:

K :) said...

Heehee...very cute story!

I'm disappointed that you didn't post any pics of Trevor and the fallen limb...haha!

That's okay...I can use my imagination!