Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Gingerbread House

Well our first mistake with the gingerbread house was to buy it in the middle of October when we first saw it at Costco because the kids immediately wanted to put it together. Our second mistake was to promise them they could do it after Halloween. In retrospect a better response would have been "after Thanksgiving in the US". As you can guess they were barely up 2 hours on Nov.1 and were asking when we would be putting it together. We managed to hold them off a couple days. I was away for a few days with work and the sitter called in sick so Trevor had a surprise day off. For something to do they put together the gingerbread house and it looks awesome.

Not to long ago I mentioned to Gramma Val that the kids had done a great job not eating any of the candy. She told me that Sarah had secretly told her that she and Ethan had been sneaking candies for days and that mom didn't know! Apparantly there were so many on there I didn't realize some were missing.


No comments: