Saturday, September 13, 2008

Beach Fun

Summer for us is not complete without some time spent at good ol' Katepwa Beach. I have years of memories out there from when I was a child and am excited to be able to give my kids the same memories. Even more fun is when friends can share fun times out there with us. A weekend in early July we were able to spend some time out there rollerskating and visiting with Trevor and Stephanie before the baby arrived. Saturday night Marnel, Tim and the girls were free to come out for a nice BBQ supper and some playtime at the beach.

This year Grandma and Gramps put up a swing set that has bars all along the top. I had one just like it as a kid and it was neat to see that Sarah and Presley did exactly what I did. Climbed up there and played on the top. What wasn't funny was the nervous feeling I had the whole time they were up there. I guess this is one of those moments when I think it was okay for me to do those things but not for my kid! hee hee -- as you can see from the pictures they got to stay up there despite my fears and had a great time. Megan tried to climb up and join them but that's where mommy drew the line. Ethan and Drew were there too but I don't seem to have any pictures of them.

1 comment:

K :) said...

Hahaha...isn't that the truth. I totally remembering spending the majority of my young years on the top of any and all playstructures. And, of course, now, Evan is wanting to do it...and it freaks me out. It just seems so high!