Well here it is in black and white. My commitment to myself and the world that I am going to train myself to run 5KM. For some that will sound like a simple feat but for the running and athletically challenged that I am, I will be lucky to run around the block without needing a water break!. In an effort to get back in shape and lose the last of the baby weight that is making a nice home on my waist, thighs and elsewhere I thought I would attempt this running program I found on the Internet.
The first week starts with three days of alternating running 1 minute and walking 1.5 minutes for a total of 25 minutes. I did this on Monday last week (barely) and then didn't have 25 minutes free until Sunday night at 9 o'clock - go figure. So I started over again this week. So far I have run on Sunday night and Tuesday and so far I don't see the fun. Nope - can't say that I found any of it enjoyable. Certainly don't see why people would want to do this for lengthy periods of time. Eating popcorn or spinach dip would have been far more thrilling but I commit to push on. As you all as my witnesses I will continue to follow the program and let you know how it is going. Whether it takes me 2 months or more likely 2 years I will run 5KM someday ( at this point I can't see that being all at one time but who knows- miracles do happen)
Friday, June 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Whoo-hoo...you go, girl!
GO Susan!!!
(I am a much better sideline fan than a participant)
Post a Comment