Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Waiting Game

** I'm posting this one a bit late but it has been such a ritual at our house for the last year that I want to include it.


Every morning at 8:30 Sarah is on the look out for the first sign of the neighbourhood kids going to school. As soon as she sees the first one heading towards Presley's house (where all 5 of them catch the bus), she is off her chair and out the door. Usually she just sits on the step, sometimes she runs to the sidewalk if she has a burning conversation that can't wait until they get home from school.

At the end of the day, we begin the ritual all over again- this time waiting for the bus to drop all the kids off. Here are a few pictures of "the waiting game".

This particular morning was cold out and I couldn't find her in the house but was sure she wouldn't have gone out but alas - rain, shine, sleet, snow - she's as committed as a postman.

Perfect time for a pretend picnic while you wait!

No comments: