Sunday, October 21, 2007

Where's The Cake?

After a month of birthdays and parties and cakes, neither Trevor nor I could stomach the thought of eating more cake. So when it came time for his birthday we agreed that we would go cakeless this year. Ethan was quite upset however and kept asking "where's the cake?". To make up for no cake I let the kids help me make breakfast for Trevor. They were thrilled to crack the eggs (sorry about the shells Trev) and pour the juice (BOUNTY - the quicker picker upper!). It was almost painful to make them eat their breakfast first but I was trying to give Trevor as much time to sleep in as possible. This is difficult to do when you have kids that get up by 7 each morning! I managed to hold them off until 8:30 and then we were off. As we made our way down the hall with the breakfast on the tray Sarah suddenly yelled "Wait" and darted into her room. She came back and announced that she had only given daddy a card before so she needed to give him this money. In her hand she had a $5.00 bill that she had gotten for her own birthday. Aww. So with bill in hand she burst into the room and dove on the bed, gave him his $and announced that we had made him breakfast. Thrilled with the whole experience the kids joined him on the bed and even helped him eat his breakfast. I think they all would agree that that was more fun than cake anyway. (well Ethan continued to be disturbed by the lack of cake but Trev liked the breakfast and the snuggles with the kids)

2 comments:

K :) said...

heehee...i love it!

Anonymous said...

can't beleive trevor wears PJ's, at least a shirt anyways....