Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mother's Day





Mother's Day for me started the Thursday prior to the actual Mother's Day because Sarah's class had a Mother's Day tea. All the mom's got to spend some quality time with their child and play games with them before dining on a donut covered in icing and sprinkles specially decorated by the kids themselves. The highlight of my day however was a little conversation between Sarah and I that went something like this:

Sarah: Mom do you know why I am being so nice to you today?

Me: Why?

Sarah: Because it is Mother's Day.

Me: Aww. That's nice. It's too bad it isn't Mother's Day every day!

Sarah: Why mom?

Me: Then you could be nice to me everyday!!

Sarah:(after some deliberation) -- Well I guess we could pretend it is mother's day everyday and then I could be nice to you

How thoughtful of her !

On Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day out at the lake with my mom and dad along with Trevor and Stephanie. Megan was up much of the night so I couldn't wait to get on the hammock. My idea of a leisurely rest in the hammock didn't pan out as my dad had plans for Trevor and Trevor so Mom and I entertained the kids. Nonetheless it was a fun day.








Sarah and Ethan enjoyed watching the guys put up the steps for the boathouse. Megan hung out with Grandma and Auntie Steph, rode her first bike and had a cool glass of water (although as you can see she couldn't decide whether to drink it or play in it.) Ethan also displayed his normal affection for his sister by rolling her around the living room (which I stopped as soon as we had a picture of such love)











At the end of the day I was so tired I could hardly stay awake for supper. They did manage to get a picture of the girls and I before I fell asleep however I look like smiling was too much of an effort. Oh well- I wouldn't trade this job for anything in the world!! ( I would be willing however to pay a fairly large sum to the person who could get me some uninterrupted hours of sleep)

No comments: