Thursday, June 7, 2007

Bedtime is my favorite time of day!

I have to admit that there are just some days when bedtime can't come soon enough. Sorry kids - I know you will be reading this as adults and may think that is a terrible thing to say but man some days you just wear us out!

Tonight was not one of those nights however. Tonight I took the rare opportunity to lay down beside Ethan to get him to sleep. With Sarah we did this every night until we had Ethan and then painfully had to break her and us from the habit. The problem was that I loved those moments when she was still and calm. We had our best conversations at night when she was supposed to be going to sleep. I was as much to blame for her being awake as she was because I was asking her about her day and cherishing all her stories. When it came time to put Ethan in the big bed we decided that we couldn't start this habit with him because having Megan and Sarah to get to bed as well it was to difficult. Tonight though I did lay beside him because the girls were long asleep and he was wide awake. We chatted for a bit and then I told him I loved him. He reached over and took my face with his hands(which was an aww moment in itself) and said "I love you too Momma" (another awww). Right at that second his play watch that was about eye level to me started to flash a bright red and for a moment I was blinded. Well I started laughing and he started laughing and we couldn't stop. It was great. I would tell him it was time to sleep and we would look at each other and start laughing again. Who could pass up a moment like that. Pure laughter and love. Tonight bedtime was my favorite time of the day!

2 comments:

K :) said...

That's a great memory!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been into the website since you started it. I enjoyed all it . The pix were wonderful. How fast they are growing! I'm sure you will have a busy,busy summer.