Last night Trevor, the kids and I drove down to the farm so that we could get up early this morning and head to Minot with G & P. Before we left I went for a nice walk down the gravel road towards the turnoff on the road that takes you to the farm. It was a hot and humid morning already but it was so nice to be able to look up and see the town on the hill and look out and see the pastures. What a perfect morning I thought and then it got ruined.
Why you ask - because my task that morning was not to take in the scenery or stroll through the fields. I was out for a RUN! Yes I ruined what was a beautiful country morning by making myself go for a run.
It started out nice and I thought hey this isn't too bad. Maybe I am getting better at this. I seem to be going at a nice pace and don't seem to be tired out. . . . Hmm it sure is hot out here though. I should have worn shorts. . . . okay the wind is blowing all my hair forward and it is getting caught in my glasses. I can't see. Good thing I will be running against the wind when I get back . . . . hmm no one would know if I just walked instead of ran would they. . . . oh ya Val knows how long it takes to get here and back ... she would know if I take too long . . . . Man I am tired . . . . this running sucks . . . . who actually enjoys this . . . . Yeah -- there is the cattle crossing at the end of the road --I wonder if they have any kind of special bat phone at this entrance so I could call for help ---no no no - you are almost half way done and the cattle crossing is a good reminder that you are doing this so that you don't end up a cow. . . . hmm running against the wind in this humidity is a bit of a challenge . . . . I wonder if they would find me if I just lay down in this ditch . . . . maybe that isn't a good idea there are some cows over there. . . . what are you cows looking at . . haven't you seen someone run before. . . . okay so technically crawling on the gravel is not running but really what the hell are you looking at . . . . Did I just yell at some cows? . . . . Oh I am almost done - just around this bend -- What ? another little bit of road before the turn into the yard? ... who added this new section since I left 20 minutes ago- I could have sworn I was almost home. . . . okay pull yourself together, smile, look happy, stand tall, run confidently into the yard, announce "that was a great run - can't wait to do it again tomorrow!"
Friday, June 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You made me laugh til I had tears in my eyes. I can just see all of this happening!!
Susan you should have walked and told all of us that it was such a beautiful morning you ran all the way over to the park. Maybe Next Time!! Keep up the Running it is good for the sole....
Ha! You crack me up!
Good for you to sticking to your goals!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. You have the stubborness of, well, of my daughter!!! Andrea
Hey...perhaps you'll become like the family that was across from us at Rowan's. Every morning...the mom and dad would run while their two kids biked with them.
It made me tired just watching them...but, man! Did they ever look fit!
Hilarious!!!!!!
Good for you! I just bought a bike yesterday, and I'm nervous. Now I have a reason to go. Yikes!!
Post a Comment