Thursday, September 20, 2007

Go Fish!

I thought it was time to teach Ethan how to play cards so I got him some Diego Go Fish cards. I thought it might be a tad bit of a challenge to teach him but didn't realize it would be this funny. This is a snippet of the conversation:


Ethan lays out his three cards so that I can help him learn the game. He has a turtle, Diego and a baby jaguar.


Me: Okay Ethan- you have to ask mommy if I have one of your cards. If I do I will give it to you and you will get a pair.

Ethan: Okay mom....

Me: Okay so say ' mommy do you have a turtle?'

Ethan throwing his arms up : yes I do!

Me : no you ask mommy 'mommy do you have a turtle"

Ethan: "Yes I do have a turtle - yeah"

Me: no no - you pick one of your cards and then say to mommy " mommy do you have a Diego"
Ethan: Yeah I have Diego too!



Hmmm- it's harder than I thought to teach this game to him. Perhaps real fishing might be easier. Throw out the line, reel it in - pretty straight forward. Except... I'd have to bait the hook and who wants to do that. Guess I will stick to cards.



(after a few more tries and some help from Daddy he finally caught on and is playing like a true Go Fish pro)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

HAHAHA! That is so funny. I'm glad for your sake he finally caught on! Andrea