Sunday, September 16, 2007

I admit it -I'm addicted

I have to say it out loud - I have a new addiction. For this month we have the Food Channel which we have never had before but man I love it. I am totally addicted to the show Iron Chef America. Many of you may have seen it but the basic premise is two chefs who make 5 dishes in 1 hour. The catch is that they don't know the "secret ingredient" they have to bake with until the minute before they start. I find this highly suspect however as with one minutes notice they create five culinary dishes. I know all day that I will need to make supper and it still turns out like slop! I am sure Trevor hopes that some of their expertise might rub off but frankly I sometimes can't even pronounce the names of the ingredients they use and sure as hell wouldn't know where to find them!

Anyway every night I have been staying up from 10-11 to watch which is really starting to cause havoc in my life. For one, now that I am back to work I need to be getting into bed earlier than that. The other problem is that after each show I am STARVING!! Not only are you watching them create great food but ALL the commercials are for food. Just now I saw one for pancakes, popcorn and Red Lobster. While I couldn't go for the pancakes, a big bag of popcorn with butter or a Red Lobster biscuit would taste awesome right now. I better get to bed before I consume everything in my cupboards!

Good thing we don't have this channel forever or I may end up 30 pounds heavier!
Better go and see if I can make it through the kitchen without stuffing something into my mouth. Night All!

No comments: