Sunday, September 16, 2007

I Thought the Weekend was for Resting!

While I would have loved to relax this weekend it didn't seem to be in the cards- and that was okay. Saturday Trevor and I got up early and with some friends drove to Watrous. Many of you who read this regularly will remember our friends Brad and Tracy whom we had the jumpathon for. Brad is still courageously battling the cancer while Tracy is courageously trying to plan for her future. She and the boys wanted to live back in Watrous where they had been for the past three years until April when they had moved for Brad to take a job in Unity. After life threw them this unfair and unexpected curve ball, and Brad was unable to work it made sense for them to move back to the community that will be able to support them once Brad is gone.

Anyway Tracy found a new house but it needed lots of work. A single lady has lived in it since her husband built in decades ago. If you didn't know better you would have sworn that the house was just built and they had just chosen a 70's theme. Everything was immaculate. It was too bad but it all had to go. So crews of friends helped prime, paint, sand, lay laminate, hang closet doors etc. Anything that needed fixin' was done. Another weekend of the same and they should be ready to move in on the 27th. This will be nice as then Brad can stay there with them until his health is such that he needs more support than what he can get at home. While there was a feeling of sadness when you thought of why we were doing everything it did feel good to be able to help them out. We will continue to pray for courage and strength for the whole family.

Today the kids were anxiously awaiting the arrival of Grandma and Papa who were on their way back from visiting Karri, Rob and Baby Dylann. I was feeling the worst I have felt all week so after helping Trevor with the shed door I had to go back to bed. So I guess I did get to relax except that when I woke up a few hours later, I still had the house to clean, laundry to put away, dishes to do etc etc . I know that all that could wait however something always comes up and so Trevor may leave me if i keep putting it off too long! And although my mom won't believe me, I can't stand the mess either.

Grandma and Papa finally arrived and we enjoyed a nice but loud supper with them. Three kids with lots to say makes for a competition for attention at dinner. And while Megan can't talk she sure knows how to garner attention these days. I think you may have heard her screaming up in Dawson Creek Auntie Karri!

The evening was topped off with a great visit with our neighbours. The kids played, we drank tea and although we stayed too long it was a great night of visiting and conversation. I love our street (well the street is a little rutty but I love the people who live on it!)

1 comment:

K :) said...

you guys are such awesome friends. who would have expected you to go help others out given the chaos that your lives are as you try to get your kids established in school and go back to work.

P.S. sorry we missed you on Friday night. we took the kids skating (which turned out to be just Evan) but are always eager for trips to any of the playparks in the area.