Thursday, September 27, 2007

Welcome to Kindergarten Liturgy

Today the parents were invited to attend Sarah's school for a welcome to kindergarten liturgy in the gym. Not being Catholic I wasn't sure what to expect but it turned out to be a simple little service welcoming each child to the school. Again, slightly teary, I watched as Sarah was presented a t-shirt and got a welcome hand shake from the principal. The kids sang Jesus loves the little children and we all listened to a short story about Jesus and his love for kids. It was funny to watch all the kindergartens at the front. At one point the principal asked who the kids thought loved them. Most kids yelled out their mom. When the principal mentioned their dads one little boy yelled out his whole life story about how his dad didn't live with his mom anymore. Poor mom - she was mortified as the rest of us giggled. Sarah sat fairly well next to one of her new little friends Lauren however I did have to laugh when I looked over and they were making funny faces at one another. Then they were motioning to each other to zip their lips and be quiet all the while wiggling around and drawing a bit of attention to themselves !! Hee hee- it was kinda funny although it took all my will power not to try and signal her to sit still and be quiet. Luckily she figured that out on her own (and with the help of the Grade 5 student helper sitting behind her) and all was good!



After the little program we were invited back to the class to watch them have circle time. Wow- what fun and all I can say is their teacher is awesome. She was so calm and relaxed, spoke in a soft tone and dealt well with the kids behaviors in front of 40 on looking parents. The whole circle time was in French but Sarah appeared to understand it all. I couldn't help leaving there wishing I could come every day. I might even be able to pick up the language too! I am so happy that Sarah loves Kindergarten. I hope this love for learning will only continue to grow.

1 comment:

K :) said...

Heehee...catching up on a lil' blogging eh? Excellent!