Friday, September 7, 2007

Preschool Bound



With Sarah in school, Ethan knew his turn was next. Unfortunately for him he started a week later than Sarah and to an almost 3 year this appears to have been worse than waiting for Santa. Everyday Ethan would ask if today was the day he got to go to Mrs. Dueck's ( I think he has his first crush) and finally today I was able to say yes. After getting Sarah on the bus (and explaining to Ethan as I dragged him OFF her bus that I was going to get him to Mrs. Dueck's) we dropped Megan off at her friend Kiedis' house and we were on our way. Ethan walked in with an air of confidence and an attitude that seemed to say " I'm here -let's get this party started". Having been to the preschool twice a week for a year to drop off Sarah and pick her up, it was an understatement to say that he felt comfortable there. He seemed to feel like he was home! Along with his best buddie Drew and his rescue pack back pack he was set. Excited to show everyone how fast his new runners ran he took off for the gym and didn't look back. After a brief moment of distress for both he and I, when he wanted the "metercycle" even though another boy was on the motorcycle, Ethan quickly was diverted by all the other options before him. What did he choose? A hula hoop! I always knew that hip action we saw at his first birthday party would come in handy at a later date!

Not one to miss a beat, Ethan announced when school was done that he was ready to go to the sub place. Apparently because Sarah got to go to Quizno's for lunch after her first day he assumed that he got to too. How could I say no- he was so excited. So after we picked up Megan (who cried the hour we were gone- sorry L & D) we zoomed to the sub shop, picked up lunch and returned in time to be there when Sarah hoped off the bus from school. Another great morning !

I'm ready to go (too bad school didn't start for another hour)!

Aren't we just the two cutest kids ever !

1 comment:

K :) said...

What a big boy! He has grown up so much!!!