Friday, September 28, 2007

All About Ethan

Well three years ago I woke up at 6:40 am thinking it would be just another day. As I rolled over and my water broke I realized that today was about to become an important day. As Trevor showered and had breakfast the contractions started fast and furious. By 7:15 mom was at our house to stay with Sarah and I was counting the minutes until we reached the hospital and I could ask for the epidural (even though I had thought I would do this all natural this time). To my dismay when we got to the hospital at 7:30 I was 9 centimeters dilated and the epidural was not an option. All that was left was hard work and at 8:01am the intern announced "It's a boy"
Ethan Trevor Black

Born September 21, 2004

Weight at Birth: 7lbs 6 1/2 ounces

Weight at 3: 34 pounds

Height at birth:20 1/2 inches

Eye Color: Beautiful grey/blue eyes with a hint of hazel in the center.

Hair Color: Dark brown- thick and only curly if it gets too long.

Shoe size now: 8

Clothing size: Well poor Ethan was blessed with the Black family body- long torso, short legs! He can fit a 4 for the shirts but size 3 is definitely long for him in pants. I finally just put away all his size 2's! He does seem to be in a bit of a growth spurt right now though- getting taller all the time!

Nicknames: Well the funny thing about nicknames for Ethan is that we really don't have any. When we try and call him a nickname he says " I'm not Tiger I'm Ethan!!!" For some reason no nicknames have stuck with him. He is happy to be Ethan and so I guess we will stick with that.
Favorite Foods: These days he has discovered the thrill of candy so is asking for it everyday. Unfortunately for him he doesn't get it very often so he has to keep asking. He does eat just about anything one day and then refuses to eat anything the next. He likes oatmeal, toast with peanut butter (that he spreads with the knife he picks), or cereal with yogurt for breakfast. For lunch he likes soup and when he picks where we eat out it is always at the sub place. He also likes steak, tacos (soft only), lasagna, spaghetti bake and almost all vegetables and fruit. Of late he is eating carrots at every meal and if there is dip available he will eat just about anything.
Personality : Ethan is our cuddler. He loves to snuggle, gives hugs and kisses and sits on our lap. He will comfort you if you look sad has a cute way of shrugging his shoulders, tilting his head and smiling that melts your heart. He can also be a daredevil, jumping onto or off of anything. He is sometimes over affectionate with Megan and definitely is a bit rougher than Sarah ever was. He is very proud of late when he can do things on his own - open a door, carry his plate, set the table. The other morning he came down stairs completely dressed. I asked who dressed him and he said himself. It was only later that we found out he was going "commando"!
He loves many things but especially loves animals of any kind. He is a big fan of Diego, the animal rescuer on TV. He likes to play rescue heroes and just got a new pirate ship that he now enjoys. Just this week he has been announcing that he loves boys stuff! He is becoming adamant that he wants nothing to do with girl things (until that is the only thing Sarah will play and then he jumps right back into Polly world!)
Other interests include "fiderman" however I don't really think he knows much about him. Funny he doesn't pronounce the sp very well and neither did SArah at this age. Guess there is no need to worry that he will got to school calling smarties -farties as Sarah grew out of it.

His closest friend is Drew from across the street. She is the older women by about 3 months. They love to play together and often dance and sing around the fire hydrant out front. We'll see how this relationship progresses this week as he is quite clear that he just plays boys things now. I think Drew can convince him to come around although the last time she tried to get him to play house he said " no how about I shoot you and you die" instead. Great- I wish he would stick to girl play!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is a handsome little man living in a woman's world. Good job he has his Dad to take his side one in a while. And yes he definetly is a cuddler.